Thursday, June 7, 2012

School's out, School's out...

As I tucked my daughter into bed last night I said in a sing-songy voice-- This is the last night you will ever go to bed as a 3rd grader!--  The grin on her face was priceless.  This morning I woke her up the same way-- Good Morning Love... this is the last morning you will wake up as a 3rd grader!--  She sprang out of bed and hugged me so hard.  Melted my heart.  I usually help her pick out her clothes in the morning because too many choices equals her almost missing the bus! but I let her pick them out this morning.  Girl after my own heart.  Jeans and a red top.  That's my girl.  Smile 

We went into the bathroom to do her hair and she was just beaming.  We washed it and put a headband on with a little barrette and puffed it up cute (although it was raining and I know she probably used her hood so it is probably funny looking already!).  I told her I was so proud of her and again she grabbed me and hugged me and said, "I am so proud of my two mommies who taught me how to be a good girl and taught me everything!"  Be still my heart. 

So, as I sit at home and work my mind continues to drift to that little girl who left this morning as a third grader but who will return as a 4th grader.  Am I blessed or what?!



No comments:

Post a Comment