Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Family Recipes and Traditions

Every time I cook something new for the kids they now asked me who taught me to cook that particular dish.  I started telling them about how I learned to cook and how many of the recipes we use were given to me by my Grandma Sarah (their Great Grandmother).  Now every time I cook they ask if that recipe was from her or if it was from my Mom (Their Grandma Jane)  and they ask if I will teach them to cook it when they are older. 


So far they have tried:
Famous Apple Dumplings
Stuffed Peppers
Grandma Sarah's Potato Soup
Chinese Pepper Steak
Grandma's Meatballs

I am sure there are others but those are the ones that have come up recently.  It really is a blessing to have these recipes that have been passed on in our family.  I LOVE making these recipes knowing that my family makes them... Makes us feel a little less far away from one another.  I'm so happy I can share these recipes and traditions with our kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment