Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

As I sit here at the airport and wait for my flight, my heart is getting heavier by the second.  This is the first time I have been away from the kids since we brought them home in July.  This is the first time I have been away from Kara since July as well.  I know they will be fine and she will do an amazing job with them, but my heart aches to be home.  I used to think that traveling for work was a perk... That I would get to see some new places and have some new experiences.  The reality is that traveling is not nearly as exciting as it might seem to those who don't have to travel.  I am sure this is a dream come true for some people, but I would bet that most people who love their lives at home-- family, house, town, etc... really just wish they could stay home and not have to travel.

I am headed to the nations capital.  I don't think I could get any further (I know I could, but it doesn't feel like it at the moment). 

Kara just texted me and said the kids are in slow motion this morning.  I wonder if they miss me?  I wonder if they believe I am coming back?  I wonder how they feel about me going for a few days?  They didn't say much- other than we will miss you mom... I think it helps that we have the Videophone and that I will see them (God Willing) on the videophone everyday.  I think they understand that this family is forever and that I really will come back.  I don't think they are worried about that. 

Still, I have to wonder how their days will be effected- if at all?  I can't wait to be back home and hugging and kissing all of them (including our furry pets!) again.  God is good and I know that I am in His Holy Hands.  Praying time goes quickly until I am back at the airport again and coming home.  Home Sweet Home... Where my heart and soul feel alive.

Last night I painted our daughter's nails.  I told her that when she missed me should could just look at them and think of me.  Kara thought that was cute so wanted one of her nails painted too.  She then painted one of my nails.  We decided that our son should have one too-- why leave him out because he is a boy?!-- so we went into his bedroom with a flashlight and painted one of his nails too.  He was beyond excited and said he can't wait to tell all of his friends.  Too cute.  We really are so blessed with our little munchkins.  So blessed.

So, as I leave on this jet plane I am not thinking of a nice, relaxing week off of being a mom.. I am thinking, God willing, it is 90 hours until I get to be back home and all will be right with the world again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment