Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Year Ago

Last year March 8th was a sunny day much like today.  I remember because on this day last year we got the call from Texas to say that they had chosen US to be the parents of our two little munchkins.  Kara and I were waiting for the call after our worker had a staffing.  We walked to M House Cafe to have lunch and the phone never rang.  We walked back and Kara went to teach class and my phone rang. I sat outside on a bench and listened as our worker explained how the staffing went and that as far as TX was concerned we were the perfect match for these kids.  We would have the chance to ask questions and read their files.  I went back to my office and made a picture for Kara to see after her class.  I folded it up and when she walked into my office I didn't say anything and simply handed her the folded up paper.  She opened it and just stared at me at a loss for words. Finally she said, "Are you serious?!".  We were still shocked that evening and neither of us felt like cooking.  We ordered pizza and sat on the living room floor and talked and ate pizza.  To celebrate one year we will make Lavash Pizza with the kids tonight and talk to them about this time last year.  Wow!  Time goes so quickly!

We are blessed, blessed indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So happy to be a part of your lives now and see your journey together as a family!!!

    ReplyDelete